Why would you want to respond to this call to action?
Because Ostomy Supplies are a necessity for living not a luxury.
A HAND UP NOT A HAND OUT FOR OSTOMY PATIENTS’ NATIONWIDE
Often treatment of colorectal cancer will warrant a temporary or permanent colostomy/ileostomy (an ostomy is a surgical opening to the intestines) which requires a wide range of medical supplies. Ostomy supplies are not a choice; you can’t live without them and the monthly expenses are in the hundreds. With the difficult state of the economy and many people facing job loss and lack of insurance it makes me wonder how ostomy patients are purchasing their supplies. Thanks to this wonderful group of women running the ‘Osto Group’ a non-profit organization that offers ostomy supplies to patients nationwide for those who do not have medical insurance or their insurance doesn’t cover their supplies. One person shared, “When we lost insurance coverage, we felt we were lost. Also, there isn’t an extra $200/mo. in our budget. I haven’t been able to find any meaningful employment for more than 12 months. These unfortunate ones actually use common household supplies and tape in place of ostomy supplies! That sounds bad, doesn’t it? Well this is reality for some”. (Summarized from a testimonial letter written to Osto Group).
needed support to ostomates in the United States who do not have insurance or have insufficient insurance which does not cover their ostomy supplies
The following items are what Osto Group is looking for in the way of donated material:
- Hollister Products – Wafers and Pouches – Skin barriers, cleansers and wipes, M – 9.
- Convatec Products – Wafers and Pouches – Please label with Manufacturers part number if they are out of their box if you can. Skin barriers, Eakin Seals and Stoma Paste.
- Coloplast Products – Wafers and Pouches – Urostomy Pouches.
- Nu Hope or any brand of ostomy product, tail closures, sponges, wipes, scissors, bandages, as long as these are packaged intact and in good condition.
3. FINANCIAL DONATIONS: $5, $10 and up no donation is too small!
Osto Group, corporate office 4521 PGA Blvd #228, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418-3997. Questions Call The Osto Group: 877-678-6690. Since the Osto Group is a 501(c)(3) organization they will provide a receipt for each donation for tax purposes.